If you’re in the market for a new forklift, you might be confused about which type to get. Diesel-powered forklifts are more durable and can handle heavier workloads while requiring less maintenance. The disadvantages of diesel-powered forklifts include increased noise and exhaust fumes. Let’s break the pros and cons of diesel forklifts down.
Pros of diesel forklifts
· Diesel forklifts are ideal for outdoor work since they are noisy.
· Diesel-powered forklifts’ engines are large and provide higher power capabilities, which improves their gradient performance and increases the power available for towing or scooping aggregates.
· These forklifts are built to withstand rough terrain and are more resistant to weather than electric models.
· There’s no risk of diesel forklifts losing power unexpectedly, which is critical when hydraulic attachments such as rotating clamps, forward tipplers, and fork spreaders are used.
· Diesel-powered forklifts are often more robust, reducing service and maintenance costs.
· Unlike electric models, diesel forklifts can be used continuously. When the tank is nearly empty, the fuel gauge will alert you, and refilling takes only a few minutes.
· Diesel forklifts are typically less expensive than electric forklifts.
Cons of diesel forklifts
· Diesel-powered forklifts should not be used indoors because they are noisier than electric forklifts and emit exhaust fumes that, if used in an enclosed space, can set off smoke alarms and harm your employees’ health.
· Diesel forklifts are typically larger and necessitate more space for movement and storage.
· Diesel forklifts are more expensive to maintain than electric forklifts.
Contact Forklift Handling for details
Forklift Handling is a leading provider of a complete range of material handling equipment from leading manufacturers. These solutions include petrol, electric, and diesel forklifts that are refurbished and restored to original factory quality.
Contact a representative from Forklift Handling today to learn more about our extensive offers on diesel forklifts for hire or purchase.
- Common Mistakes To Avoid When Purchasing A Used Forklift
- Why Toyota Electric Forklifts Are The Sustainable Solution For Your Business
- The Latest Trends In Forklift Rentals: What South African Businesses Need To Know
- The Benefits Of Choosing A Refurbished Electric Forklift
- Used Electric Forklift
- Used Diesel Forklift | Forklift Handling
- Used Electric Forklift And Used Diesel Forklifts
- Refurbished Electric Forklifts
- Why You Should Consider Buying A Used Forklift
- Forklift Variety and Considerations